Spectrum Care Management and Counseling
Support coordination helps individuals receive self-directed services, allowing for increased freedom of choice in those services. We partner with each individual and family to provide ongoing support and guidance to increase their knowledge of the services and resources than can help enhance their quality of life. We look for structured programs as well as flexible creative outlets that encourage individuals to reach new heights.
The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is transitioning from a contract-based model of service delivery to a Medicaid-based fee-for-service model. This model allows for increased flexibility, increased choice and an expansion of services.
Our support coordinators are all trained professionals in social service fields. This gives them the edge to think outside of the box and access services many may not even be aware of. Many of our support coordinators have friends or family members with a developmental disability, so to us, it’s personal.
All of our support coordinators have had extensive training in the Supports Program, person-centered planning, self-directed services and developmental disabilities, including intellectual disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and other neurological impairments.
Here are just a few of the reasons people choose Spectrum CMC as their provider of choice:
- We hire only experienced individuals who have demonstrated their ability to compassionately care for their clients.
- We provide continuous training to our staff and educate families on new resources and supports available to them.
- Our support coordinators live close to the clients and families they serve, so they are knowledgeable about the services available in your area.
- We are allowed by the state to approve our own plans, which means we are able to add or change services as you request them.
- We work to create and maintain strong relationships with service providers in the area to keep current on their service offerings.
- Our unique team approach makes us highly flexible to talk or meet when you need us, providing more efficient support.
Spectrum Care Management and Counseling provides support for your entire family in many ways. We get to know the needs of each family, develop plans that are person-centered and think outside of the box to access community resources that are right for you. We do this by:
- Assessing needs and assisting with the development of personal goals
- Helping you understand financial programs like Medicaid
- Guiding you through the many resources provided by and contracted with the DDD as well as community resources
- Developing and maintaining your Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- Acting as the point person for all services
- Providing guidance for appropriate living options
- Providing contact through regularly scheduled intervals to the individual, family and service providers to monitor the provision of services
|Eligibility||On the Supports or CCP waiver through the Division of Developmental Disabilities. Referral from the Multiple Sclerosis Society at 1-800-344-4867 for case management or call direct for privately paid services.|
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 04/13/19